The above shouldn’t come as a surprise to you. Is there a country with a rich history as Italy? Besides, Italy has been a seat of power, influencing both political and religious activities for thousands of years. Several other factors pull millions of tourists to this country. Keep reading and learn more about this beautiful country.
The cuisines and the culture
Authentic and scrumptious Italian cooking. That’s all we have to say. Trying to describe the experience of Italian food is a waste of time. Words cannot express the years of culinary innovation and knowledge in every dish and drink. And please don’t compare with the watered-down version in your country. The food served in Italian restaurants and cafes is fresh and full of natural ingredients. Some tourists travel to Italy just for food. Once you get a taste, you are not going back.
Besides, every region of Italy has its unique culture. It’s like you are moving from one country to another. Each region has its cuisines and different festivals. If you are planning to visit, don’t go without drinking some of the wine.
Italy has been described as the birthplace of art. Some of the most distinguished artists have been born and nurtured within the country. Some of them include Caravaggio, Raphael, Sandro Botticelli, Titian, and Michelangelo.
That said, the country has a wide range of paintings and statues all over the country. You must visit the Sistine Chapel and behold the beautiful works of Michelangelo on its ceiling. It is simply stunning.
Heritage sites and iconic landmarks
No country in the world has more UNESCO World Heritage sites than Italy. We know that is a fact that you didn’t know. To give you just a sample of the stunning sites that are spread throughout the country, we decided to give you a sample:
- The canals of Venice. When you think of Italy, you must picture the gondola rides through the narrow Venice canals. This mode of travel is unique to the city and tourists simply love it!
- The Colosseum. The size of this amphitheater makes it one of a kind. That still stands to this day is a testament of its grandeur and magnificence. It also has two levels of underground tunnels, cells, and rooms.
- The Leaning Tower of Pisa. Your child may know of this tower from their favorite cartoon show. It is one of the biggest attractions in Italy. You will always find a tourist taking a photo, probably to go and photoshop later.
- Cinque Terre. This coastal region overlooks the Mediterranean and offers a plethora of activities for tourists and locals alike.
- Lake Como is surrounded by mountains and small towns and villages, making it one of the most beautiful attractions in Italy.
And the above is just the tip of the iceberg. There are many more activities that you can enjoy with a trip to Italy.